What a strange time I had drawing this one! It took me about two hours before I actually started drawing on the blank page, as I had no idea where I wanted to begin. I actually ended up scrapping what I had two times before starting what you see here. Also, I originally thought that my color scheme was the only thing I knew I was going to use from the start, but what once was all various shades of blue, has now become purple. Though there’s still some blue bits, who knows how long they’ll stick around?
Welcome back! There’s only 4 days remaining before I’ve completed my year long challenge. If the last week, the last month, and the entire year, went by super quick, these last 4 days should be a mere blink before they’re behind me and I’m already deep into some other brand new project.
I figured before my 365th day in a row comes around, I should at least spend a day doing some pen and paper drawings. I set up a chair outside and did a little bit of doodling, and for awhile there I wasn’t too sure what this was going to end up as, but then I saw the Super Mario mushroom. I colored it as such.
Well, I guess I found out what to do with that planet I made yesterday, eh? I’m definitely getting a comic book feeling from this image, and I think it would fit right at home on the front of my No Man’s Sky inspired web comic thingamajig that I’ll be working on very soon. Maybe this is how Emily is forced to leave her planet in the beginning. Sent away by her parents, Superman style. From then on she has to fend for herself with just her ship and her Databot companion!
I figure before my Year of Creative Habits is behind me (which happens in less than two weeks!), I should do what I said I would do a little while back; start trying to draw some people! This is my youngest niece, Emily. She’s a few years older than this now, but I found this picture in a Facebook album and right away I knew had to draw it. It looks so celebratory. This must of been the best day ever.
When I started this picture, I thought it was going to end up pretty dark and maybe a little deranged. But now it seems I went fully dark and deranged. This sort of reminds me of when I would visit my local movie rental place when I was a kid, and a good portion of the scary movies had really messed up artwork on the cover of the VHS tapes.
So far today I’ve spent about an hour working on the picture I started yesterday. I feel that it might not look a whole lot different from what I posted yesterday, as I was mostly just adding some yellow (as you can see clearly in the top left portion of the image) to highlight some areas. I also added some (and much better defined) faces!